It looks like a wintery weekend awaits residents and visitors of the Owens Valley. With that said, I want to make sure that everyone is prepared! Roads and sidewalks can be very icy so please slow down and be careful when you exit your vehicle or go for a walk. Check your stoves and furnace for issues and make sure there are no blockages that can cause carbon monoxide poisoning. DO NOT use heating items or barbeques that are not approved for inside use. Always keep an emergency kit in your vehicle (which includes blankets, food and water, first aid kit, flashlight, emergency flares and necessary medications). For more tips, check out FEMA’s guide to winter storms and extreme cold at http://www.ready.gov/winter-weather.
Stay safe and warm!
Bill Lutze, Sheriff