163 May Street
Bishop, CA 93514

(760) 873-6364
(800) 510-2020
(760) 873-5103 Fax



Jean Turner
Director of Inyo County Health and Human Services and IMAAA
(760) 873-3305
Email: jturner@inyocounty.us

Program - Inyo County:

Marilyn Mann
Director of Adult and Children's Services with Inyo County Health and Human Services/IMAAA
(760) 872-1727
Email: mmann@inyocounty.us

Program - Mono County:

Anita Reeve
Program Operator with Mono County Social Services
(530) 495-1262
Email: areeve@mono.ca.gov


The purpose of this information is to give you an outline of the services and assistance available to older persons in Inyo and Mono Counties through IMAAA. Many other agencies provide services and IMAAA can link or refer you to these agencies.


The Inyo Mono Area Agency on Aging, IMAAA, is concerned with all matters that relate to the needs of older persons in Inyo and Mono Counties. IMAAA is a joint-powers agency created by the Inyo and Mono County Supervisors and designated by the California Department of Aging, CDA, to plan, deliver, and administer services for older persons and certain disabled adults. IMAAA is one of nearly 700 local area agencies across the nation, which provide access to senior services.

Services of the Inyo and Mono Senior Programs

IMAAA is operated through the Inyo County Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and programs are provided in Mono County through a contract with Mono County Social Services. Programs in Inyo County are provided directly by HHS.

Information and Assistance

When you don't know where to turn, turn to IMAAA first. Please call us for access to and information on all resources and services for older adults in Inyo and Mono Counties and surrounding areas. Call toll free (800) 510-2020 or call (760) 873-6364 in the Bishop area. Website at: www.countyofinyo.org/imaaa/index.htmIt is our job to know what services and resources are available. If we do not know immediately, we'll find out and get back to you.

Assisted Transportation

For seniors who need transportation but cannot ride the Inyo Mono Transit bus due to physical limitations, escorted rides to essential services can be arranged by appointment.

Medical Transportation Services

Many medical services needed by residents must be obtained outside the Inyo/ Mono area. We may be able to schedule rides to out-of-area medical appointments if you have no public or private alternative. Requires 7-10 day advance notice.

In-Home Caregiver Services

A variety of services to assist older persons in their homes are available. In-home services include: