During this time of curtailed library services many publishing and education services have provided special access to their services. We have also found some links to sites that may be of interest as an alternative to the library, especially for kids.
Inyo Distance Learning / Inyo County Office of Education On this site you will find content resources specific for various grade spans, resources and supports for parents and caregivers during this challenging time, and resources in support of the social emotional well being of students and families.
STREAMING VIDEO AND AUDIO
- KANOPY'S ACTION PLAN While libraries are limiting programming, Kanopy is offering selected free films and free Kanopy Kids films. Click here for Kanopy, or use your Kanopy app on your device. Log in with your library card number and PIN.
- AMAZON AUDIBLE is offering free streaming audio stories for kids while schools are closed. Click here.
- BBC SOUNDS Top-class live music from some of the world's finest musicians.
LEARNING AND REFERENCE
- JUNIOR LIBRARY GUILD has made their digital online reading platform available. Select the school-level book stream of your choice and you'll be automatically logged in. Elementary Stream / Middle School Stream / High School Stream
- QUICK ACCESS TO CALIFORNIA K-12 ONLINE CONTENT DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS California offers — at no cost to local schools, districts or students — access to online educational content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, ProQuest and TeachingBooks.net for use by every public K-12 school and student in the state. ProQuest research databases, the TeachingBooks literacy service and online content from Encyclopaedia Britannica are available to every Californian from this website.
- Omnigraphics has made Health Reference Series Online available until April 30th. Enter library card number for access.
- Pandemics: The Invisible Enemy (PDF) From Salem Press & Grey House Publishing to Explore Current Events through an Historical Lens
- BOOKBROWSE FOR LIBRARIES Free, full access to BookBrowse for librarians and patrons through the end of May. To enjoy full access to all of BookBrowse for two months. If asked to login, enter: staysafe.
- HippoCampus.org is a free, core academic web site that delivers rich multimedia content--videos, animations, and simulations--on general education subjects to middle-school and high-school teachers and college professors, and their students, free of charge.
- STORYLINE ONLINE streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- SESAME STREET'S caring for others This site provides content and resources you can use with your family to offer comfort and spark playful learning activities.
- Lunch Doodles with MO WILLEMS Learners worldwide can draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing by visiting Mo’s studio virtually once a day for the next few weeks.
- Parents! Smart Fun for Kids Library of Congress
- Education Resources from the LIBRARY OF CONGRESS The Library of Congress offers classroom materials and professional development to help teachers use primary sources from the Library's vast digital collections.
- Teaching Our World: The Coronavirus Articles and resources for hard-to-teach topics, chosen by the editors of Scholastic Classroom Magazines
- Welcome to DAV PILKEY At Home. Together we can get creative and have fun with some of your favorite characters from Dog Man and Captain Underpants! Check back every Friday to discover new activities, exciting videos, and so much more!