Library Curbside Pick-up
CURBSIDE PICK-UP NOW AVAILABLE
The Library is now offering curbside pick-up of requests. Requests for titles can be made by phone or email and picked up when available at the front of the library branch. The library is doing this to maintain health precautions due to COVID-19 and as a transition to opening when new health guidance allows.
HOW TO USE CURBSIDE PICKUP
1. Select the titles for request from the public access catalog (PAC) online. Librarians are available by phone to assist you in using the PAC or if you need help with selecting titles.
- How to set the catalog to display search results for only the local branch
- Select requests from the most recent books that are new to the library--new releases and older titles recently acquired: new acquisitions.
2. Phone or email with your request.
- Bishop Branch:
- Big Pine Branch:
- Independence Branch:
- Lone Pine Branch:
- Furnace Creek Branch:
- Tecopa Branch:
3. Make appointment for pick-up when you receive call of availability of request. Please mention if you have difficulty with stairs or difficulty leaving your car, in which case we can provide delivery to your vehicle.
4. Arrive at your appointment time and call the branch phone number from your parked car to let us know you have arrived.
5. Your request will be placed on a table near the front of the library. Please practice social distancing with staff or others who may be waiting to pick up their requests.
6. Pick-up, take home and enjoy your request.
7. Return requests to the branch library book drop.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR CURBSIDE PICKUP
- Pick-ups are limited to 3 adult books or media, 5 children’s books or audio, and 2 magazines per library card. Limit of 1 pick-up per week per library card.
- Please wear mask and maintain social distancing when picking up requests.
- Please return items that were checked out before library closing that are not returned prior to using curbside pickup.
- Branches may have a limited period of time for making appointments for pick-ups. Check with your local branch for pick-up time periods.
- Normal borrowing rules, loan periods, and renewal limits apply.
- Appointments must be made for the pick-up of requests. No drop-in pick-ups. If you miss an appointment, you will have to reschedule.
- Please allow at least 24 hours after time of request until pick-up. Requests for items located at other branches will take longer for fulfillment. Requests for some items located at the Independence Branch may be temporarily inaccessible due to remodeling.
- Requests will be checked out to your account on the day of pick-up appointment.
- After notification of availability requests will be held for 1 week awaiting pick-up.
- Overdue notices are still being sent, however, be aware that you may receive notices for items that you have returned due to the quarantine period prior to check-in for returned items. Returned material will be quarantined for 96 hours prior to check-in.
- Library staff cannot take walk-up requests, please email or call.
- Your account must be in good standing (i.e. not blocked due to unpaid charges or lost materials) to use Curbside Pickup.