How do I become licensed to operate a commercial cannabis business?

Inyo County requires any entity that seeks local authorization for the purposes of obtaining a state commercial cannabis business license to first obtain an Inyo County Commercial Cannabis Business License for the activity type and zone the business will be located on, as well as obtain a conditional use permit for the specific parcel where the business is proposed.  The business license application can be obtained from the Agricultural Commissioner's Office and the conditional use permit application can be obtained for the Inyo County Planning Department. 

Businesses must then obtain a state commercial cannabis business license and meet all other local and state requirements before commercial activities begin.