DD-214 Military Discharge Papers
D-214 Military Discharge Papers and Separation Documents
Discharge documents are confidential and are not available to the general public.
To obtain a certified copy of a military discharge form DD-214, you must be authorized under Section 6107 of the Government Code. Those qualified to receive a copy of a veteran's DD-214 are:
- The person who is the subject of the military discharge document.
- A family member or legal representative of the person who is the subject of the military discharge document.
- A County office that provides veteran's benefits upon written request of that office.
- United States Official upon written request of that official.
- Please click here to obtain a Request form for a Military Discharge document.
If requesting your copy in person, you will be asked to complete the application for a copy of a military discharge and present a valid government issued ID.
If requesting a copy via fax, email, or regular mail, the request for a copy of a military discharge must be acknowledged by a Notary Public.
There is no cost for Certified Copies of a Military Discharge DD-214.