Inyo County Commercial Cannabis Licensing

Cannabis Announcements

Applications have been received for the following license zones and types:

  • Zone 5A - Retail
  • Zone 5E - Microbusiness
  • Zone 5G - Cultivation in excess of 5,000 sq. ft.
  • Zone 5G - Distribution
  • Zone 5G - Microbusiness

No new applications will be accepted for the above zone and license type combinations at this time.  These areas will reopen if licenses are available after current proposals are scored.

All other zone and license type combinations will remain open until further notice.  

Non-storefront retail license applications are now being accepted for zones 1, 2, 4, 5A, 5C, 5D, 5E, and 5F.

How do I become licensed to operate a cannabis business in Inyo County?

Commercial cannabis activities are permitted by two Inyo County departments, the Agricultural Commissioner's Office and the Planning Department.  A cannabis business must obtain both a business license for the Agricultural Commissioner's Office as well as a conditional use permit from the Planning Department to receive local authorization to operate in Inyo County.