The Inyo County Planning Commission acts as the advisory body to the Board of Supervisors on matters concerning growth, development, and the environment of the County. The Commission's role is established and defined by Section 2.40 of the Inyo County Code.
The Commission is composed of five members; one each from the five Supervisorial Districts. The Board of Supervisors appoints these five Commissioners for a term of four years. Each of the five appointed members may vote on all matters coming before the Commission. In addition to the five voting members, two non-voting advisory members represent the County in special fields of expertise. Advisory members are the County Administrator and Director of Public Works.
MEMBERS OF THE INYO COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
- Frank Stewart - First District
- Caitlin "Kate" Morley - Second District(Chair)
- Todd Vogel - Third District (Vice Chair)
- Scott Stoner - Fourth District
- Scott Kemp - Fifth District
- Clint Quilter - County Administrative Officer
- Mike Errante - Public Works Director
PLANNING COMMISSION STAFF
- Cathreen Richards - Planning Director
- John-Carl Vallejo - Assistant County Counsel
- Paula Riesen - Project Coordinator
The Planning Commission meets once a month on the fourth Wednesday unless cancelled or rescheduled.
2020 Planning Commission meetings
January 22, 2020
February 26, 2020
March 25, 2020 - cancelled
April 22, 2020
May 27, 2020
June 24, 2020
July 22, 2020
August 26, 2020
September 23, 2020
October 28, 2020
Combined November December, December 9, 2020
Minutes are usually available for a meeting after they are approved at the next meeting. For draft minutes please contact the Planning Department.
For agendas and minutes for meetings prior to 2019, please contact the Planning Department.