The Inyo County Planning Commission acts as the advisory body to the Board of Supervisors on matters concerning growth, development, and the environment of the County. The Commission's role is established and defined by Section 2.40 of the Inyo County Code.
The Commission is composed of five members; one each from the five Supervisorial Districts. The Board of Supervisors appoints these five Commissioners for a term of four years. Each of the five appointed members may vote on all matters coming before the Commission. In addition to the five voting members, two non-voting advisory members represent the County in special fields of expertise. Advisory members are the County Administrator and Director of Public Works.
MEMBERS OF THE INYO COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
- Frank Stewart - First District (Chair)
- Caitlin "Kate" Morley - Second District
- Todd Vogel - Third District (Vice Chair)
- Scott Stoner - Fourth District
- Scott Kemp - Fifth District
- Clint Quilter - County Administrative Officer
- Mike Errante - Public Works Director
PLANNING COMMISSION STAFF
- Cathreen Richards - Planning Director
- John-Carl Vallejo - Assistant County Counsel
- Paula Riesen - Project Coordinator
The Planning Commission meets once a month on the fourth Wednesday unless cancelled or rescheduled.
2019 Planning Commission meetings
January 23, 2019
February 27, 2019
March 27, 2019 - cancelled
April 24, 2019
May 23, 2019 rescheduled to May 29th 2019
June 26, 2019
July 24 - cancelled
August 28, 2019
September 25, 2019
October 23, 2019
Combined November December, December 4
Minutes are usually available for a meeting after they are approved at the next meeting. For draft minutes please contact the Planning Department.
For agendas and minutes for meetings prior to 2019, please contact the Planning Department.