Worker's Compensation covers job/assignment-related injuries and illnesses for employees and registered volunteers.
IN THE EVENT OF A WORKPLACE INJURY:
Inyo County Employee/Volunteer Injury Process Hotline
1-877-215-7285 AVAILABLE 24 HOURS A DAY
You'll Need This: "Inyo County QS947"
CLICK HERE FOR A VIDEO ON HOW TO USE THE HOTLINE.
Dial 911 or go to nearest hospital if life or limb is threatened! OTHERWISE ....
- Injured Worker notifies Supervisor.
- Injured Worker calls Hotline. (Supervisor should call only if injured worker cannot call due to injury)
- Nurse gathers information over the phone and helps Injured Worker access appropriate medical treatment.
- Supervisor provides claim form to Injured Worker. (Not sure what to do? Call Risk at 760.937.7378)
- Supervisor completes Supervisor Incident Investigation Report and submits to Risk.
- Risk calls the injured worker and the supervisor and helps them through the rest of the way.