California K-12 Digital Resources
Online content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, ProQuest research databases, and Book Connections are available — at school, at home, in libraries, on laptops, on phones — to all.
These three databases are provided for all California students from the California State Library.
Encyclopaedia Britannica (PreK-12)
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources. Post links directly to each school level, elementary, middle or high.
Personalize and enjoy digital connections to books for kids and teens.
ProQuest (Grades 3-12)
- CultureGrams- Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces around the world. (Grades 3-12)
- SIRS Discoverer - A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
- SIRS Issues Researcher - Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day. (Grades 6+)
- eLibrary - Guided Research Edition delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content including more than 11,000 Research Topics (Grades 6+)
- eLibrary- Database EditionGeneral reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+)
- ProQuest Research Companion - a self-guided product that supports information literacy, writing, and research skills instruction.(Grades 8+)
- ProQuest Central Student - This database of millions of articles from more than 10,000 full-text scholarly journals provides information in science, technology, education, social sciences, humanities and news.