Bishop Airport (KBIH)
Welcome to Bishop Airport (KBIH) and the beautiful Owens Valley. Located just 2 miles east of the city of Bishop, California, KBIH is a full-service regional airport offering fuel, light repairs, flight training, and friendly, helpful staff. KBIH is also a convenient alternate for visitors to Mammoth Lakes(KMMH).
Wi-Fi and High-Speed Internet PC Now Available!
Bishop Airport is your gateway to the outstanding recreational and aviation opportunities of the Eastern Sierra region including:
- Hiking & Backpacking
- Fishing & Boating
- Skiing & Snowboarding
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Flights
- Rock Climbing...And Much More!..
Bishop and nearby towns offer numerous hotels and dining opportunities, with a friendly, small-town ambiance. Make Bishop Airport your next flying destination!
703 Airport Road
Bishop, CA 93514
PHONE: (760) 872-2971 (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
AFTER HOURS: (760) 937-4017
FAX: (760) 873-8490
All photography by Ken Babione unless otherwise indicated.
NOTICE: Information presented on this web site is not intended for navigation or flight planning purposes.
** For information on the ongoing environmental review of the proposed commercial air passenger service at the Bishop Airport, please visit the Inyo County Public Works Page, under the heading "Bishop Airport - Proposed Commercial Air Service NEPA/CEQA Review". The Draft Environmental Assessment and Draft Initial Study are available on the page as well**
News Items: Bishop Airport (KBIH)
TOWNS - driving distance
- Big Pine - 15 miles
- Benton Hot Springs - 38 miles
- Mammoth Lakes - 42 miles
- Independence - 42 miles
- June Lake - 56 miles
- Lone Pine - 58 miles
- Bridgeport/Twin Lakes - 90 miles
- Death Valley - 163 miles
- Reno, NV - 204 miles
AIRPORTS - Identifier - Flight distance - Location
- Mammoth-Yosemite - KMMH - 26nm - Mono Co.
- Independence - 2O7 - 34nm - Inyo Co.
- Lone Pine - O26 - 49 nm - Inyo Co.
- Lee Vining (Mono Lake) - O24 - 49nm - Mono Co.
- Bridgeport - O57 - 66nm - Mono Co.
- Tonopah, NV - KTPH - 75nm - Nye Co.
- Fresno Int'l - KFAT - 75nm - Fresno Co.
- Furnace Creek (Death Valley) - L06 - 90nm - Inyo Co.
- Shoshone - L61 - 132nm - Inyo Co.
FLIGHT TIMES TO KBIH (approximate)
Los Angeles - 2 hrs. or less
Reno - 1.5 hrs. or less
Bay Area - 2 hrs. or less
Las Vegas - 1.75 hrs. or less