Bishop Airport (KBIH)
Welcome to Bishop Airport (KBIH) and the beautiful Owens Valley. Located just 2 miles east of the city of Bishop, California, KBIH is a full-service regional airport offering fuel, light repairs, flight training, and friendly, helpful staff. KBIH is also a convenient alternate for visitors to Mammoth Lakes(KMMH).
Wi-Fi and High-Speed Internet PC Now Available!
Bishop Airport is your gateway to the outstanding recreational and aviation opportunities of the Eastern Sierra region including:
- Hiking & Backpacking
- Fishing & Boating
- Skiing & Snowboarding
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Flights
- Rock Climbing...And Much More!..
Bishop and nearby towns offer numerous hotels and dining opportunities, with a friendly, small-town ambiance. Make Bishop Airport your next flying destination!
703 Airport Road
Bishop, CA 93514
PHONE: (760) 872-2971 (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
AFTER HOURS: (760) 937-4017
FAX: (760) 873-8490
All photography by Ken Babione unless otherwise indicated.
NOTICE: Information presented on this web site is not intended for navigation or flight planning purposes.
News Items: Bishop Airport (KBIH)
TOWNS - driving distance
- Big Pine - 15 miles
- Benton Hot Springs - 38 miles
- Mammoth Lakes - 42 miles
- Independence - 42 miles
- June Lake - 56 miles
- Lone Pine - 58 miles
- Bridgeport/Twin Lakes - 90 miles
- Death Valley - 163 miles
- Reno, NV - 204 miles
AIRPORTS - Identifier - Flight distance - Location
- Mammoth-Yosemite - KMMH - 26nm - Mono Co.
- Independence - 2O7 - 34nm - Inyo Co.
- Lone Pine - O26 - 49 nm - Inyo Co.
- Lee Vining (Mono Lake) - O24 - 49nm - Mono Co.
- Bridgeport - O57 - 66nm - Mono Co.
- Tonopah, NV - KTPH - 75nm - Nye Co.
- Fresno Int'l - KFAT - 75nm - Fresno Co.
- Furnace Creek (Death Valley) - L06 - 90nm - Inyo Co.
- Shoshone - L61 - 132nm - Inyo Co.
FLIGHT TIMES TO KBIH (approximate)
Los Angeles - 2 hrs. or less
Reno - 1.5 hrs. or less
Bay Area - 2 hrs. or less
Las Vegas - 1.75 hrs. or less